Florida & The South’s Best Trips: 28 Amazing Road Trips (Travel Guide) by Lonely Planet
Discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet’s Florida & the South’s Best Trips, your passport to the most up-to-date advice on unique experiences that await you along America’s highways. This guide features 28 amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to two-week adventures. Cruise Highway 1 to Key West, explore Appalachian backroads, or find your favorite stretch of beach; all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, cue up your driving playlist, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Florida & the South’s Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography on every page to inspire you as you plan
- Itineraries andplanning advice help you pick the right routes for you and tailor your trip to your needs and interests
- Get around easily with over 100 easy-to-read, full-color regional and route maps and detailed directions
- Insider tips about local driving rules, parking, toll roads, and more help you get around like a local to avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road
- Essential infoat your fingertips – including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – including eating, sleeping, and sight-seeing
- Useful features – including Stretch Your Legs,Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Coverage of Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Florida & the South’sBest Trips is perfect for those planning to explore these states in the classic American way – by road trip!
How to Travel the World for Free: One Man, 150 Days, Eleven Countries, No Money! by Michael Wigge
Michael Wigge is on an adventure of a lifetime. The reporter and journalist has traveled to many countries before, but this time he decided to make it more challenging: he would travel twenty-five thousand miles around the world by foot, bus, train, ship, and plane and not spend any of his own money.
The journey was full of challenges: What would he eat? Where would he sleep? How would he get from place to place? Every day, those questions occupied his thoughts, but he always came up with creative solutions. He tried dumpster diving, eating flowers, couch surfing in the homes of strangers, sleeping under the stars, working on a container ship to cross the Atlantic Ocean, offering to pillow fight strangers for a dollar, and after 150 days, he reached his destination. For this, Elite World Records named him the First Person to Travel the World Penniless, and the documentary he filmed about this trip won best feature in the 2011 Accolade Awards.
As much a guide as a travelogue, How to Travel the World for Free will give readers ideas for alternative ways of traveling and will inspire many to go on new adventures. This book is full of surprises, some more pleasant than others. Nevertheless, it’s a journey you won’t want to miss! Traveling can be expensive—why not do it for free?
Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2014 written and researched by Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet knows the world better than anyone else. From the people who have been delivering trustworthy guidebooks to every destination in the world for 40 years, Lonely Planet’sBest in Travel 2014 is your passport to a year of unforgettable experiences. Discover the best places to go and things to do all around the world right now! Visit previously secluded destinations before they get crowded, join in this year’s global events where they are happening, and explore countries that are more accessible than ever; all with this motivating annual trend-setting travel reference. Dive into a year’s worth of travel inspiration and begin planning an exciting 2014 filled with travel and exploration now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2014:
- Over 200 pages of lavishly colourful photography
- Historical, political, and cultural insights give you a richer understanding of the buzz-worthy destinations and of the contexts that make 2014 the year to visit them
- Highlights the world’s top 10 countries, regions, and cities to visit in 2014, the best timely travel experiences for the year ahead, and over 35 events mapped out month by month in a 2014 travel planner